Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wanted!

Have you ever heard the term, "Everyone wants to be wanted"?

I would say that, it depends on the situation. If you're in a room full of people waiting to be interrogated or tortured even...do you really want to be wanted then?

What if you are a wanted criminal? Does it lose a sense of nostalgia when they only want you to put you in jail?

I realize that it is referring to be wanted by another person like a girlfriend or boyfriend, and I understand that, but maybe we should be more specific? Maybe that's why the English language as a whole is a joke. Maybe we should instead say, "Everyone wants to be wanted by someone the want to be wanted by." Somehow I think that phrase loses it's sense of simple intrigue, but at least it's honest.

As for me, I can honestly say that I want to be wanted by someone that I want to want me. But, as for now, No one wants me. I'm always a good friend or someone to hang out with as a last resort, but No one wants to date me, or spend personal, quality time, to get to know me. No one wants to want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment